In honor of Read Across American Week and Dr. Seuss’ Birthday, we thought we would compile a list of great places to read to your child.While making reading a part of your child’s bedtime routine is wonderful, this list incorporates a few other times that it is easy to slip in a few more books.
- While waiting at the doctor’s office
- Bring a few books on a bike ride, when you get to your destination such as a park or a school, stop and read a book or two before returning home
- Pitch an indoor or outdoor tent, grab a few books and read, read, read
- When visiting the zoo, take along a book about zoo animals. When resting, bring out the book and take note of animals that you have already visited and ones that you are hoping to see before returning home
- Under the covers with a flashlight, will surely bring a few giggles
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go.” – Dr. Seuss